Tuesday, September 28, 2010

For Starters...

Well, if you are on this web page you must be interested in my dad, Jim (Morgan) Peterson's fight against Esophageal Cancer. I thank you for your thoughts, prayers, and special intentions for my dad for we need all of the prayers we can get. For everyone who knows my dad, you know I am not lying when I say he is an incredible fighter. He is the strongest man I know along with the best dad, and most caring person ever. Everyone knows he would do anything for anyone and he LOVES to make kids happy!

We learned of my dad's cancer on August 26, 2010 but weren't sure how bad it was until Thursday August 29, 2010. My dad was diagnosed with Esophageal cancer, Stage 4 with Liver tumors and Lymph node metastasizes ( which basically means it spread from the initial location of the esophagus). Some good news is that it is not in his lungs, neck, groin, or bones. They gave us some scary statistics at first but I am not even going to include them because "statistics mean nothing to people who believe." I am going to say that there have been survivors and we trust in god's miracles.

Coming into all of this we had no clue what any of this terminology and diagnosis meant; we did know it was very bad and it scared us all to death. I took it into my own hands to research like crazy, I know more about Esophageal cancer than I ever imagined I would. My mom has been researching like crazy and my brother has been doing a great job of keeping an eye on my dad at work and helping out with the business on chemo days. We are blessed to have a strong bonded family and we can all count on one another to be there. We have a great extended family on both the Schuh side and Peterson side who have done amazing things for us. I can't even begin to describe the number of friends who have cooked for us, done extra things for the business, sent cards, prayers, etc. We are so blessed and we appreciate everyone.

Tuesday is our Chemo day. I will update now on, on every Tuesday or chemo day. So far we have gotten the best news we can possibly ask for. We thank god for the wonderful gifts and endless strength he has given us at this time in our lives. We have always been in touch with god and our church but we feel his presence more than ever now.

No comments:

Post a Comment