Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Todays Chemo Treatment (9/28/10)

Now that I am all caught up I can give you the great news I have gotten this morning!

My dad gained blood all on his own! His count went from about a 9.2 to a 10.3 in one week's time with no transfusions! This is a great sign!!! This is most likely the most blood he's had in quiet some time.

We are so thankful that we tested positive for the Herceptin drug and that he can receive it again today! We have heard great things about this drug!

I actually just got a call from my dad about 15 minutes ago and we talked just like normal even though he is receiving chemo! It is great to know that besides being a bit uncomfortable, he isn't in a great deal of pain. We are just "zapping" those cancer cells out of there, he will always say!

Still no nausea, tingling fingers, etc as side effects from the chemo. He is starting to lose his hair a little bit, but we will take a minor appearance flaw over physical sickness anyday! We thank god that this is his only symptom!!

I hope I keep having good news!!! We are so blessed!

*Chemo is Monday of next week instead of Tuesday.

4 comments:

  1. That is such great news! You guys are always in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful News Jill! I'll keep your family in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awe that is great I got the goosebumps reading the great news. It is good to hear! Thanks for creating this blog...we truly appreiciate you keeping us updated. All of you are in our thoughts and prayers everday! You guys stay strong & hang in there. Are you going to be coming home this weekend. Hunter & Derek really want to visit your dad and if you were around the would love to see you too!! Can you text or email me your address. Love ya sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the updates Jill, it is awesome news!!! I think about all of you every day and know this will all be ok. You are always in my prayers. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete