Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Dads Chemo 11-29-10

Hi Everyone,

Well we have our 12th Chemo treatment done and my dad has completed exactly 4 cycles of chemo ( there are 3 weeks/chemo treatments in one cycle). His blood counts were a bit low. This time his hemoglobin was down a bit again to 9.8 (normal about 12). We haven't had troubles with hemoglobin being low for a while. He didn't need transfusions but they did give him a shot to help with the anemia. His white blood count was down as well but still OK at 1500. (normal should be between 4,000 and 9,000).

He's not getting a week off like we thought he possibly would. Next week he will get another CEA scan which will hopefully be down from last time at 64. Please pray that this number is down, if this number isn't down we will have to look for a different/new treatment option or different chemo combination. I know everyone is praying and please continue, my dad deserves every single prayer he is getting and we truly believe each and every one helps.

During this Christmas season be thankful for everything you have, the most important thing we have all realized through this rough journey is the importance of saying I love you, giving hugs, and being happy with the wonderful things God has given you. We are blessed for all of our family, friends, and people we don't even know that are praying for us. We love all of you and send you big hugs!!

~Jill

I see trees of green, red roses too.
I see them bloom for me and you
and I think to myself What a Wonderful World.

-Louis Armstrong "What a Wonderful World"

No comments:

Post a Comment