Monday, December 20, 2010

Chemo 12-20-10

Hi Everyone,

We got great news today! My dad's blood counts were up (the ones we want to be up!) His whole blood or Hemoglobin was at 9.5 and his white blood count was at 1600! These are both still on the low side but they are up significantly from last week even with getting chemo last week. This is great news and we thank everyone for all of their prayers, once again they have helped! Keep it up!!

A friend of my mom's told her a neat quote by a doctor today,The doctor had said he had a deal with God; "I don't tell people when they are going to die, and God doesn't give chemotherapy."

We thought that was a great saying because no doctor can tell for sure when someone is going to die; especially people who refuse to give up like my Dad.

We are very happy with our news today and continue to hope and pray for good news next Monday when we get our next CAT scan.

Thank you to everyone for the prayers, I want to especially thank Gail and Paula Cropsey again for all of their meals since I found out that they didn't know about the blog so they never saw the last thank you, SO thank you for all you do!! We appreciate it so much and are so truly lucky to have friends like you!

I talked to my mom and dad earlier and they said how busy chemo was today, all of the chairs were taken for a while so they actually had to wait for one to open before chemo could start. This just shows how many great people are either directly affected or affected through a family member or friend due to cancer.

With that being said, this holiday season, be thankful for what you have and most of all the family you get to share it with. Don't dwell on the small stuff like just getting gifts because you have to, the decorating, or the food but on the people you are sharing your time with, the memories you are creating, the thoughtful gifts you are giving and the faces on those who open them, and most of all be thankful...
For everything.

Life is a gift!

I know I am very thankful for everyone reading this blog, my great friends, and most of all my family.
Mom, Dad, Ben, Cory, you make Christmas the best day ever just by being there! I love you all!

Thank you again and again for all of the prayers! Please keep them up, we appreciate it so much! We are so blessed with great family and friends!

I'll end with this:
"Efforts only fully release its rewards after a person refuses to quit."
So glad you choose to never give up Dad!
Someday this cancer will give up and I know you have what it takes until it does, that's only one of the many reasons you are my Hero !

God Bless, Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays!

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment