Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Monday's news May 9, 2011

Hi Everyone,

I am going to do a quite a bit of updating today. I will first get to the health news about my dad.

As I believe most people were aware, my dad was in the hospital the whole last week of April due to internal bleeding. We were having basically the same situation take place that took place in late January of this year. The doctors had my dad getting radiation and small doses of chemo each day to make the radiation as effective as possible. He could receive 10 treatments of radiation before he reached his max. There is a max on radiation because it gets to a point where it may be causing more harm than good.

My dad was released from the hospital a week ago from yesterday or the 2nd of May. He was still having to go back in each day and get radiation and blood drawn. He was getting at least 2 units of blood each day. He had his last radiation treatment yesterday or the 9th and the bleeding hasn't stopped yet. The bleeding showed a sign of slowing down in the hospital but then the next day we were back in trouble again. Yesterday it was up a little bit again so maybe we are at our turning point. Let's pray for that. I will update a little later with blood counts from today.

We talked to our oncologist yesterday about next steps because of course we can't keep going on the way we are. Our oncologist gave us a few referrals to Madison. We are going to see a surgical oncologist. We are hoping they have some options for us to help stop the bleeding. If it wasn't for this bleeding we would be in very good shape because the cancer has been knocked back quite a bit from the chemo. Let's pray we can get this bleeding stopped and get my dad back on the road to remission. Like I've said before, I will never, ever, ever give up on my dad. He seizes to amaze my mom, brother, and I everyday.

I will keep everyone updated!
Keep us in your thoughts and prayers! Pray for this bleeding to stop and for us to get many, safe options at Madison next week.

Love you all,
Jill

Dad, I am so proud of you and love you more than ever. Keep it up, better days are ahead! I LOVE YOU and your my King !!

No comments:

Post a Comment